Now, as Cain enters the Republican top tier, it’s worth taking a look back at the former CEO’s policy positions. During his nine months on the campaign trail, Cain has repeatedly shown a lack of understanding on foreign policy matters, a lack of empathy for immigrants and poorer Americans, and a lack of respect for religious liberty.
ThinkProgress has put together the top 10 hits from Cain’s presidential bid:
(1) PLEDGED THAT HE “WILL NOT” APPOINT MUSLIMS IN HIS ADMINISTRATION
(2) TOLD THINKPROGRESS, “I DON’T THINK THE CURRENT MINIMUM WAGE IS NECESSARY”
(3) CONFUSED BY BASIC CONCEPT OF ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN PEACE PROCESS
(4) IMMIGRATION PLAN INVOLVES A “GREAT WALL OF CHINA” AND A “MOAT [WITH] ALLIGATORS”
(5) BELIEVES “WE ALREADY RECOGNIZE” THE GOVERNMENT OF TAIWAN
(6) WANTS TO PUT DIRTY ENERGY CEOS IN CHARGE OF EPA REGULATIONS
(7) BELIEVES IRAQ SHOULD PAY U.S. BACK FOR INVADING THEIR COUNTRY
(8) TRIED TO HIDE HIS GAY TREASURER
(9) SAYS HE WOULD SUPPORT A NATIONAL PHOTO ID LAW
ThinkProgress intern Karl Singer contributed to this report.
(10) BELIEVES THAT AMERICANS HAVE THE RIGHT TO BAN MOSQUES
Read more details: Top 10 Things Herman Cain Doesn’t Want You To Know About Him | ThinkProgress